What is ODE?
Omicron Delta Epsilon, one of the world's largest academic honor societies, was created in 1963 through the merger of two honor societies, Omicron Delta Gamma and Omicron Chi Epsilon. At the time of their merger both societies had 28 chapters. Omicron Delta Gamma's chapters were primarily in the Midwestern and Pacific states while the chapters of Omicron Chi Epsilon were concentrated at Colleges and Universities along the Eastern Seaboard and in Texas.
History of our Chapter -- Chi of North Carolina
Our ODE chapter was established in 2015. The number of inductees are as follows:
Fall 2015 - 4 students
Fall 2016 - 3 students
Fall 2017 - 3 students
Fall 2018 - 4 students
Spring 2020 - 5 students
Fall 2021 – 4 students
By joining ODE
- Receive a one-year subscription (two issues) to The American Economist, the peer-reviewed journal of Omicron Delta Epsilon
- Have the opportunity to submit student papers to The American Economist
- Be eligible to compete for the Frank Taussig Award ($1,000, for undergraduate student papers in economics
- To compete for the Irving Fisher Award ($2,000 for, graduate student papers in economics)
- a special induction ceremony for new ODE members
- a gold ODE lapel pin
- wearing the ODE cords at Commencement.