Braves Card Frequently Asked Questions

General Information


Account Balances & Adding Value

Meal Plans


Q:  How do I obtain my Braves Card?
A:  By bringing your government issued photo ID and your course schedule to Suite 4 of the Auxiliary Services Building. 

Q:  Is there a fee for the card?
A:  No. Your first ID card is issued free of charge.  Lost, stolen or damaged cards are replaced for a $25 fee. You can pay for a replacement card in the Braves Card Office located in the Auxiliary Services Building with a credit or debit card. You also have the option to pay at the Cashier's Office on the first floor of Lumbee Hall. Please bring the receipt over to the Braves Card Office. 

Q:  Do I have to get a new card every semester or year?
A:  No. Your card is designed to last for four years. 

Q:  How do I get a refund for the money on my Braves Card?
A:  Only graduating students or students that are withdrawing from the university are allowed to close their Braves Dollars and Dining Dollars accounts. Please fill out the top portion of the Close Accounts form (PDF) and either mail or bring it to the Braves Card Office for processing.  Checks will be mailed to the home address as it is listed with the Registrar’s Office. Please allow 7-10 business days for processing. The fax number of the Braves Card office is 910.521.6847 

Q:  What is my Braves Card ID number?
A: This number identifies you around campus.  It is located in the upper right of your screen after logging into BraveWeb. This is also known as your Banner ID number or your student number.

Q:  I’ve lost my card, what do I do now?
A:  Please contact the Braves Card Office immediately so that we can put a hold on your account. You will have to purchase a replacement card. The cost is $25.00 dollars. 

Q:  I need a replacement ID card.  How much will it cost?
A:  $25.  Lost, stolen or damaged cards are replaced for a $25 fee. You have two locations for paying for replacement cards: the Braves Card office or the Cashier’s Office. If you are paying with cash, please visit the Cashier's Office located in Lumbee Hall. The Braves Card office is prepared to take fees by check or debit/credit cards.  Please make your check payable to UNCP 

Q:  I lost my ID card.  Can I get the same picture on my new one?
A:  Yes, if it is still in our photo database. 

Q:  If I receive a new Braves Card, does everything from the old card transfer to the new card?
A: If you live off-campus, yes. If you live on-campus and in one of the residence halls your new card will automatically update, allowing access to your residence hall. 

Q:  How do I add value to my Braves Card?
A: You have the following options to choose from:

(a) Use the online portal to add money to your card at

(b) Go to the Cashier’s Office located on the first floor of Lumbee Hall and pay in person.

(c) Mail a check to the Cashier’s Office at:  The Cashier’s Office – One University Drive -  PO Box 1510 – Pembroke, NC 28372.  Please be sure to include the name of the student whose account the funds will be applied to.

(d) Call the Cashier’s Office at 910.521.6855 with your credit card information. The funds will be automatically applied to the appropriate account(s).

(e) Visit the Braves Card Office to pay in person by debit/credit card or check. 

Q:  Can I get a history of my transactions?
A: Yes, for all financial transactions except those for bookstore purchases using Financial Aid. For a history of transactions you can log into Braveweb, and click view BravesCard Balances. 

Q:  Can I transfer funds from one account to another? 
A:  No. 

Q:  How many meals are left on my account?
A:  The cashiers in WOW, Papa John's, or Einstein Bros Bagel can supply you with this information upon request. You may also log into Braveweb, and click view BravesCard Balances.

Q:  Do meals or Braves Dollars transfer from semester to semester?
A:  It depends. If you purchased a meal plan, then the Flex Dollars that are part of the meal plan will roll over from Fall to Spring semester, but expire at the end of the Spring Semester. Dining Dollars will roll over from Fall to Spring, but expire at the end of the Spring semester. Braves Dollars never expire, unless you close out your account. The form to close out your account can be filled out in the Braves Card Office. Please allow two weeks for your payment to arrive at your home address.

Note: Parents can also call the Cashier’s Office with their debit/credit card information and pay fees or add funds. The numbers are 910.521.6885. 

Q:  May I get a refund on my residential meal plan?
A:  If it is within the time limit set by Student Accounts.  Please contact Student Accounts at 910.521.6588 for more information. 

Q:  May I get a refund of my Dining Dollar funds?
A:  It depends. Dining Dollars or Braves Dollars that are purchased in addition to a meal plan are refundable, only if you are withdrawing or graduating. 

Q:  May I get a refund on my Bookstore account funds?
A:  Please contact Student Accounts at 910. 521.6588 for more information. 

Q:  Can I use Dining Dollars and Braves Dollars in the Cafeteria?
A:  Yes. The cashiers will deduct the cost of the cafeteria meal from your Dining Dollars or Braves Dollars fund according to what the meal rate is at the time you choose to dine. Remember that Dining Dollars can only be used in the Cafeteria, Chick-fil-a, Einstein Bros Bagels, Papa John's, and Starbucks. Braves Dollars can be used at any of these locations, as well as the Bookstore, vending, and laundry.

Q:  Can I use Cafeteria meals in Chick-fil-a or other food service locations?
A:  No. There is no way to deduct an exact amount this way. But Dining Dollars, Braves Dollars, and Flex Dollars can all be utilized in any food service venue. 

Q:  Can I use my Bookstore funds anyplace else on campus?
A:  No. 

Q:  Is there a limit to the dollar amount that my card can hold?
A: No. You can put as much as you would like on the card but remember that it works like a debit card. We recommend that you keep it in a safe place at all times and treat it as you would cash.

Q:  I am a UNCP student that is either Distance Ed or at an alternate location. How do I obtain my BravesOne Card?
A: You may stop by the Braves Card Office at your earliest convenience, or you may submit your digital photo online. The photo requirements are here

Q:  Where is the Braves Card Office located?
A: Just inside the Auxiliary Services Building in Suite 4. We are located behind the Fitness Center and to the left of the Bookstore. 

Q:  What are the Braves Card Office hours of operation?
A:  Monday-Friday 8 a.m to 5 p.m. Lunch hour is from 1-2 p.m. Hours are extended during the first week of the fall semester. 

Q:  How can I contact the Braves Card Office?
A:  By calling 910.521.6845 or by emailing

Q: How can I find out the balances on my account(s)? 
A: Balances on your account are available in BraveWeb. Once you log in to BraveWeb, click on the link View Braves Card Balance.

Q: I am confused as to which account balances can transfer from semester to semester ?
A: If you purchased a residential meal plan, those meals that came along with it will expire at the end of the semester. If you purchased the Braves Dollars or Dining Dollars, any funds left over will rollover to the next semester.