This is a call for applications for tuition scholarships for the 2024-2025 academic year. Complete applications are due April 1, 2024. The awards will be announced in late spring 2024.
The Graduate School Tuition Scholarship was established in 2017 by the Dean of The Graduate School, Dr. Irene Pittman Aiken. In spring 2024, a $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to eight exceptional graduate students to assist them with paying their graduate tuition in the 2024-25 academic year. Recipients of the scholarship are selected on the basis of academic achievement, community engagement, and service to the University of North Carolina at Pembroke (UNCP). The scholarship award will be posted to each student’s account to be used towards tuition for the next academic session of the student’s graduate coursework at UNCP.
General Qualifications: applicant must:
- Be an enrolled (three credit hours or more) as a graduate student at UNCP,
- Have a minimum UNCP Graduate School GPA of 3.5,
- Plan to continue in their UNCP graduate school program (the award for each winner will be posted to her/his account the following term).
To apply, students should submit:
- Completed application form which includes
- A personal statement of no more than 500 words describing:
- Why they are deserving of the scholarship
- Academic accomplishments
- Engagement in research and/or
- Engagement in service to the local community and/or UNCP, and/or
- Financial need (this is not a need-based scholarship, but need may be considered).
- Students are to compile all application materials and deliver them to The Graduate School Office in Hickory Hall North, first floor, by 5:00 pm, April 1, 2024. NOTE: The application may be emailed, but the completed application must come from the student’s UNCP BraveMail account. Emailed applications are to be sent to Christine Bell: Christine.firstname.lastname@example.org.