The Office of Institutional Research serves as the central office for maintenance of data regarding UNCP students, faculty, and staff as well as institutional programs, services, facilities, and operations.
In addition, the Office of Institutional Research:
- generates reports from this data which are used internally to support institutional decision making and disseminated to the University of North Carolina’s Office of the President and other external agencies.
- responds to requests for specific types of data about the university from both internal and external constituencies.
- conducts special projects that make use of this data for detailed statistical analysis and hypothesis testing.
- compiles the university’s Fact Book and Common Data Set.
- creates the College Portrait as part of UNCP’s participation in the Voluntary System of Accountability (http://www.collegeportraits.org/NC/UNCP).
- directs institution-wide student and staff assessment efforts, prepares analyses of results, and distributes these to the campus community.
- serves as a resource for survey and questionnaire research conducted by and for UNCP faculty and staff.
- prepares enrollment projections annually as part of the UNC system’s state appropriations request.
- coordinates strategic planning for the university (http://www.uncp.edu/ir/sp/).
For more information, contact Institutional Research by phone at 910.775.4375 or email at email@example.com.