Office of Institutional Research serves as a centralized data resource to the university community by providing strategic, timely, accurate information and research service to assist institutional planning and assessment, inform sound decision making, and enhance institutional effectiveness.
- Develop and monitor performance indicators that measure overall institutional effectiveness and the University's progress toward strategic planning goals and objectives;
- Respond to mandated reporting requirements from Federal, State, UNC system and accrediting agencies;
- Oversee and maintain the official institutional data (e.g., Fact Book, Common Data Set);
- Prepare enrollment projection models in assisting the Enrollment Planning Group;
- Administer and analyze institution-wide surveys and testing and disseminate results to the campus community;
- Conduct research studies to assist academic and administrative departments in meeting program review, assessment, and accreditation requirements;
- Serve as a consultant to support data-driven decision-making process at all levels.