Read the latest in our Summer 2016 RISE NEWSLETTER!
"Friend" us on FaceBook to stay up-to-date on our activities!
The goal of this program is to help create a more diverse research work force by working to:
- Prepare UNCP students to be the research scientists of the future
- Support and enhance an atmosphere conducive to undergraduate research in the sciences at UNCP
Students accepted to the RISE program will participate in activities designed to enhance their confidence, academic skills and technical abilities.
Reasons to Participate Include:
- Help with difficult “core” science courses
- Hands-on research training with a faculty mentor (check out the faculty research interests by clicking HERE)
- Hourly wages for participating in program activities
- Career counseling
- Interactions with successful biomedical researchers
- Funds to attend scientific meetings
- Help with graduate school applications
The UNCP-RISE program is open to students of all classifications* majoring in biology, chemistry, physics or a related field with plans to pursue a graduate degree. Applicants must be US citizens, or permanent residents.
* This program is designed to prepare students for a research career. This program is not designed to support those who plan to attend medical, veterinary, dental or other professional schools.
For more information, please browse the rest of this site or contact the RISE staff.
NIGMS' Division of Minority Opportunities in Research (MORE) administers research and research training programs aimed at increasing the number of minority biomedical and behavioral scientists. The RISE program is funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH).