Faculty, staff and students can now access specific software programs needed for their coursework or work product from any Internet-accessible computer without having to worry that a program will not run properly on their personal computer or having to come on campus to use a specific computer. Users can log into the Virtual Computing Lab from on or off campus and choose software from an “image” designed for accessibility 24/7.
The process is simple. Just follow these simple steps to get connected. Internet Explorer is the recommended browser for accessing the VCL.
- In your browser, visit http://www.uncp.edu/doit/vcl/.
- Click on 'Make a Reservation'.
- Select from the authentication drop-down list 'Shibboleth (UNC-GA Federation)'
- Select from the institution drop-down list 'UNC Pembroke' and click on 'Remeber Me'
- Enter your UNCP username / password as directed.
- Click on 'New Reservation' to create a future reservation or to begin the process of connecting to an application now.
Note: Any reservation selected for immediate access may take up to 20 minutes to load and connect. Reservations made for future access will load faster as the processing on the VCL end will begin 15 minutes before you log in.
For detailed instructions on accessing the VCL please view the following PowerPoint Presentation.
About the Virtual Computing Initiative
The Virtual Computing Lab (VCL) was developed by North Carolina State University in 2004.