In order to reduce duplication of campus services and become more efficient in service delivery, media services are now provided by DoIT to the UNCP community. Some services previously provided by the Media Center are listed below with a service location redirection. Although we are located in Jacobs Hall, first floor, Suite C, please use the appropriate equipment request form to request assistance or equipment (see links below).
Note: If you have reserved a facility and equipment through the Event Management System (EMS) via http://reservations.uncp.edu, you do not need to fill out a request form.
Hours: Monday-Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Services Provided by DoIT
- Check out of laptops and LCD projectors
- Must provide a 48-hour advance notice via the Equipment Checkout Request Form
- Equipment checkout is for 48-hours
- Equipment must be returned within 48 hours. Individual borrowing equipment is responsible for damages or loss of equipment. Equipment may be renewed twice within a seven-day period.
- Maintenance and replacement of classroom equipment – Contact the DoIT Helpdesk with information of the problem or repair needed, what type of equipment, where the equipment is located, (building, room, etc.).
- Transferring of various media for academic support – Contact the DoIT Helpdesk to describe the media transfer request. Media that can be transferred include VHS, SVHS, SVHC Videos, 8mm Video to VHS, NTSC TO PAL, Music CD's to Cassettes. (No copying or duplication of material will violate copyright restrictions. Individuals must provide approval to copy any copyrighted material. In some instances, the original recording device will be necessary for copying of material.)
Transferred to Printing Services (Auxilary Services Building)
- Lamination services
- Sign creation
Transferred to Library Services (Mary Livermore Library)
- Check out of audio and video equipment – Equipment includes video cameras, digital cameras, and tripods for faculty classroom and student project use.
For more information, contact the DoIT Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 910.521.6260.