DoIT supports the university computer labs, which are open to UNCP students, faculty and staff. A UNCP network/BraveWeb account is required to use the UNCP computer labs.
All the computers have Deep Freeze installed, which will reset a computer to the original state upon rebooting. It is important to frequently save your files to your network account (on the I: drive) or your personal removable drive such as a USB flash drive. Do not save your work on the lab computer.
Locations and Hours
Regular Hours (during Fall & Spring semesters):
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (unless otherwise posted)
- Library Lab: Sun, 2pm-9:30pm; Mon-Thurs, 7:30am-10:30pm; Fri, 7:30am-4:30pm; Sat, 2pm-7:30pm.
- Pine Hall, Oak Hall and Village Apartments labs are open to residents 24 hours a day.
- All students may use the Pine or Oak Hall labs during the hours when the reception desk is staffed; Sun-Thurs, 11am-12am; Fri-Sat, 11am-2am.
- UC Lab: Mon-Fri, 7am-12am; Sat, 9:30am 12am; Sun, 11:30am-12am.
Students may need to present their BravesOne card to use the labs.
There are also numerous computer classrooms on campus that are available for student use when classes are not being held.
- No food or beverages
- Quiet area - keep noise level down, use headphones for all audio
- In most labs/classrooms, students must provide paper and printing is free
- Printing in Mary Livermore Library requires using BravesDollars from the student's BravesCard
- BravesDollars can be added through BraveWeb and at the Cashier's or Braves Card offices
# of Computers
||Courtyard Apartments||Windows 7||6|
|Cypress Hall||Cypress Hall||Windows 7||15|
||Mary Livermore Library, Room 232||Windows 7||32|
|Oak Hall||Oak Hall||Windows 7||13|
|Pine Hall||Pine Hall||Windows 7||14|
||University Center, 1st Floor||Windows 7||24|
||Village Apartments||Windows 7||16|
|Writing Center||D.F. Lowry, Room 308||Windows 7||7|
Additional Lab & Classroom Information
- Lab and classroom upgrade schedule
- List of software in each lab and classroom
- Online software training