UNCP BICYCLE REGISTRATION POLICY
In order to help you protect your bicycle, the UNCP University Police requires that every bicycle that is operated on campus be registered with the University Police Department. Every bicycle must have a registration permit.
HOW TO REGISTER YOUR BIKE
Registering your bicycle at UNCP is a cost-free service provided by University Police! Students must come to the UNCP University Police Department, which is located in the Business Services Building directly behind the UNCP Bookstore, and fill out a bicycle registration form. When students complete the form a permit will be issued to the student. The permit is to be affixed to the front wheel forks or handle bars. The permit will be valid from August to August. The permits are not transferable, so if a student buys a new bicycle a new permit will be required.
REGISTERING YOUR BICYCLE WILL SERVE THE FOLLOWING PURPOSES:
- A deterrent to crime
- Assist in the identification of lost or stolen bicycles
- Assist in the speedy return of recovered bicycles
- Assist in identifying violators of bicycle policy
Bicycle parking is available throughout the campus and is designated by the presence of bicycle racks. Bicycles must be parked and/or chained only in the bicycle racks, and they cannot be chained to any other fixed object and/or parked so as to impede pedestrian traffic in or near the buildings.
RULES TO FOLLOW REGARDING BICYCLE REGISTRATION AND OPERATION AT UNCP:
- All bicycles must have a permit
- Permits are not transferable
- All bicycles must be parked in designated parking areas,
15 bicycle parking racks have been provided throughout campus
- Bicycles found parked/locked inappropriately, or
unregistered will be impounded
- Owners of impounded bicycles may be issued tickets
- UNCP accepts no responsiblility for damage to bicycles
or locking devices during impoundment