WE ARE HERE TO HELP!
If you are having suicidal thoughts or emotional distress, support is one click away.
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
CAPS offers immediate crisis support Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
If you need support outside of those hours, contact the UNCP CAPS Hotline for 24/7 support.
- talking or writing about death, dying or suicide;
- threatening to hurt or kill themselves;
- looking for ways to kill themselves, seeking access to means;
- showing anxiety or agitation;
- being unable to sleep or sleeping all the time;
- feeling no reason for living, no sense of purpose in life;
- feeling trapped, like there is no way out;
- thinking there is no reason for living; and/or
- thinking there is no safe way out of a bad situation