Police and Public Safety Policy PS 09 00g
A. Purpose. To outline policies and procedures relating to the implementation of The University of North Carolina at Pembroke's procedures in the event of a bomb threat.
B. Scope. This applies to The University of North Carolina at Pembroke, all University employees, students and activities.
C. Policy. It is the policy of this University to protect employees, students, and visitors during a bomb threat.
D. General. In the event of a bomb threat, the emergency procedures outlined below will be followed:
1. The person receiving the threatening call will make every effort to forward the call to University Police. The individual receiving the call should gain as much information as possible regarding the type and location of the bomb and immediately notify the Campus Police.
2. The University Police, or their representative, will sound the fire alarms until all areas have been examined. University Police will inform students, staff, and faculty when all is clear and normal activities may resume.
3. All faculty should direct students to exit the buildings according to the emergency exit routes.
4. All persons should exit according to the established exit routes except as otherwise directed by the University Police.
5. The University Police will contact appropriate authorities and make provisions for an extensive search of affected buildings.
E. References. None.
F. Rescissions. None.