North Carolina law, General Statute 14-269.2, prohibits any person, including a concealed handgun permit holder, from carrying a firearm, openly or concealed, on educational property or at a curricular or extracurricular activity sponsored by the university.
A person may legally possess a firearm on campus if the following exists:
- You must be a valid concealed carry permit holder,
- Have your permit with you at all times,
- The weapon in question is a handgun only,
- The weapon must be in your vehicle with the doors locked,
- The weapon must be placed inside a secure container.