1. Responsibility: The University Space Committee recommends reallocations of space between University divisions to the Chancellor. Final approval for reallocations and assignments will be provide by the Chancellor.
2. Committee Membership – The committee will be comprised of all Vice Chancellors and one representative appointed by the Faculty Senate, Staff Council, and Student Government. The Director of Planning & Construction and the Director of Facilities Operations will be ex officio non-voting members. The members of the committee will elect a chair and a vice chair. The Director of Planning & Construction will serve as the secretary for the committee and will publish and archive minutes.
3. Local Space Committees: Each College/School and Division will establish a Local Space Committee to consider and prioritize local needs and discuss space requests to be made to the University Space Committee.
4. Making A Space Request: All requests for new space, reallocation of space, or change in use of space will be made by completion of a Space Request form and submission to the University Space Committee. Persons making requests may appear before the University Space Committee.
5. Capital Improvements: All capital improvement proposals which create new space or change use of existing space will be reviewed by the University Space Committee prior to consideration by the Chancellor.
6. Sponsored/Grant Programs: All proposals for external funding must resolve space needs prior to the implementation of an award.
7. Assessing Space Requests: The process for reviewing space requests at the local and university levels will be guided by:
7.1. Space should support the overall educational mission of the university and unit.
7.2. UNC-GA space standards will be used as the benchmark for assessing type and quantity of space allocated.
8. Preferred Space Priorities: The following priorities will guide space decisions:
8.1. Availability of safe and accessible teaching space to meet course offerings and curricular needs will be highest priority.
8.2. Co-location of programmatically related activities should have a higher priority than co-location of non-programmatically related activities.
8.3. A lower priority will be given to units and programs that are unfunded vs. those that are funded.
8.4. Each full-time faculty member should have a private office.
8.5. Privacy is more important than size of office space.
8.6. A department head should have proximity to supervised staff.
8.7. Emeriti faculty will be provided office space on the basis of availability.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA AT PEMBROKE
Space Allocation Committee
|Dr. Stewart Thomas||Vice Chancellor for Finance & Administration|
|David Hatch||Interim Associate Vice Chancellor for Facilities Management|
|Mark Vesely||Facilities Superintendent-Trades|
|Dr. Scott Billingsley||Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs|
|Dr. Lisa Schaeffer||Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs|
|Travis Bryant||Associate Vice Chancellor for Campus Safety & Emergency Operations|
|Joshua Malcolm||General Counsel|
|Nancy Crouch||Associate Vice Chancellor for Technology, Resources & Chief Information Officer|