The Brave Finish Grant is offered by invitation only to selected students who are within two semesters of graduating from UNC Pembroke and have demonstrated financial need during their senior year at the university.
AMOUNT OF GRANT
- The Brave Finish Grant Program provides a one-time grant award of $1,500.
- Selected students will be notified of the grant offer and acceptance requirements by email and mail.
- Students who submitted the participation webform by January 3, 2021 will receive the award on their student account in mid February.
BRAVE FINISH GRANT FUTURE-BUILDING ACTIVITIES
To receive the Brave Finish grant, you must agree to participate in two activities designed to help you become more successful in your future career, and complete by March 1, 2021. Below is a description of the activities from which you will choose:
Write Your Degree Completion Plan
- Your degree completion plan will describe which courses you will take to ensure you will be able to complete your degree in the appropriate amount of time.
- Provide your course listings. Use your degree audit through uAchieve .
- Make an appointment with your academic advisor through EAB.
- Meet with your academic advisor to confirm that your plan is feasible and comprehensive. Your advisor must sign the degree plan form.
- Proof of completion: Email a picture/scan of the completed plan signed by your academic advisor to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Planning for Your Future - University Career Center Programs
- Have your resume approved
- You may first choose to obtain feedback by a career advisor through an appointment or a drop in session. Once your resume is finalized, submit your resume to Career Services for approval by a staff member. Note: please allow up to 5 business days for processing.
- Proof of completion: Email a screenshot of the approved resume status from Career Services to email@example.com.
- Attend the Career Fair or meet-up
- The meet-up (either online or in person) may be for resume writing and/or improving your interview skills.
- Proof of completion: Sign in at the entrance of the career fair or meet-up and send a picture of the sign in sheet or picture of yourself attending the event to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do a Mock Interview (choose one of these options)
- Use Big Interview
- Here is the info to set up your Big Interview account:
- STEP 1: Go to https://uncp.biginterview.com/ and click "Register" in the top banner, right side.
- STEP 2: Complete registration process; you must register using your UNCP email address. It will not accept other email addresses.
- STEP 3: You'll then receive a confirmation email at your UNCP Bravemail email address. Click "Verify" in the email, and you'll be able to start using Big Interview.
- Mock Interview with a Career Counselor
- Use Big Interview
- Participate in online GradReady Financial Literacy modules to learn effective ways to save, spend, and budget your money both in college and after graduation. You must use the website's tools to earn a minimum of 9 badges.
- Proof of completion: Email a screenshot of at least 9 earned badges to email@example.com.
NEXT STEPS IF YOU HAVE BEEN SELECTED TO RECEIVE THE BRAVE FINISH GRANT...
- Decide which two of the activities above you will complete.
- Submit the Brave Finish Grant participation form by January 3, 2021.
- Complete your two activities by March 1, 2021.
- Submit documented proof that you completed the activities to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Documented proof can be a screen shot of the completed program or a photo/scan of your resume/completion plan/meeting notes signed by the career center representative.