What is Webex?
Cisco Webex Web Conferencing is an easy, cost-effective way to exchange ideas and information online with anyone, anywhere, on any device with an Internet connection – including mobile users. Accelerate decision-making, keep projects on track, and collaborate in real time with integrated voice conferencing, HD video, and content sharing. Deliver presentations, demonstrate applications, share anything on your screen just like you would in person and record the session. Within the meeting, you can “Pass the Ball” so any attendee can control the meeting and share. Webex offers a powerful feature set for productive, efficient, and highly secure meetings anytime.
Why Use Webex?
The following are some examples of how Webex can benefit faculty, staff and students.
- Get everyone together for a staff meeting even though they are in various locations.
- Work on a group project when office space or study rooms are unavailable.
- Provide remote support to on or off campus clients.
- Faculty can meet face to face with students of an online class.
- Include in a meeting or class those who are physically absent.
- Talk face to face with a classmate without having to travel to campus or a central location.
- Practice for an upcoming presentation and watch your recording to improve upon your performance.
- Bring in a guest lecturer without having to pay for their travel.
- Schedule an interview with a company when you can't afford to pay travel expenses.
- While studying abroad, connect with friends, family and others.
What Devices Can I Use?
Webex works with Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry 10, and Windows Phone 8.
Operating System and Browser Support
Click here for complete information.
Mobile Device System Requirements
How Do I Use Webex?
- Faculty, staff and students go to https://uncp.webex.com
- Click the "Log In" link at the top of the page, enter your UNCP email address, and after you are directed to a UNCP login page, log in with your UNCP network username and password.
Quick Start Guides
Learn More about Webex
- How to Host a Webex Session in a Collaborative Classroom (video)
- Knowledge Base
- Webex Meetings
- Training Center
- Event Center
- Support Center
- Webex Product Feature Comparison
- Getting Started with Webex from Email
- Webex Recorder Settings
- Downloading and Deleting Recordings from the Server
- Managing Webex Recordings
Join the UNCP Webex Community
A listserv is available as a support resource for UNCP Webex users. Members can collaborate, pose questions, and share use case scenarios. DoIT will share Webex tips, tricks and training information via this listserv. Click here to find out how to subscribe to the UNCP WebEx listserv.
Webex Meetings FAQs
Click here for answers.
Webex Teams is an app for continuous teamwork with video meetings, group messaging, file sharing and white boarding.