Students living in University Housing residence halls, which includes Village Apartments and University Courtyard Apartments, can now access Internet via BraveWifi with computers and mobile devices they bring to campus.
Click here for BraveWifi connection instructions.
Devices that Do Not Work on the UNCP Network
- Wireless Printers (can only be used with a cable and the wireless capability turned off)
Connecting a Game System or Streaming Device
Note: The uncpgamenet network is available only in University Housing residence halls.
- Try connecting to BraveWifi using your (BraveWeb) username and password. However, not all game systems / streaming devices will work on BraveWifi because of the security type.
- If yours will not work on BraveWifi, connect to uncpgamenet. The security is open (no password).
- If you want to connect your game system to Resnet via a wired port:
- Village Apartments and Courtyard Apartments have ports in each room.
- In Oak and Cypress, there are wireless access points throughout the buildings and you can connect to wired ports labeled LAN1, LAN 2 and LAN 3 on the bottom of the access point.
- In Pine, North and Belk, there are wireless access points throughout the building and you can connect to ports on the access points labeled 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- If you don’t have an access point in your suite and would like a wired port for your game system, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, building, room number and phone number. We will contact you with a time and date to make a wired port active in your room.
Remember, DoIT does not support game systems and other media devices. Game system vendor sites detail how to get to and manage your wireless settings for the devices. If you need additional assistance, please contact the manufacturer or search the Internet for instructions.
For troubleshooting help, click here.