A UNCP Network Account provides access to technology resources such as BraveMail, BraveWeb, BraveWifi, Canvas, G Suite for Education, Webex, Zoom, and lab computers. It is often referred to as a BraveWeb account since so many resources are available from within BraveWeb.
Logging into BraveWeb gives students access to Banner Self Service (registration, student records and financial aid), Student Insurance Waiver, Meal Plans, and Online Account Center (charges, payments and refunds) among others. Learn more about BraveWeb resources.
Account Activation Steps
- To begin, go to https://braveweb.uncp.edu/account-activation/.
- Enter the requested information [Last Name, Birth Date (YYYYMMDD) and Secret Code] and click Begin. Your secret code was provided in your acceptance letter from the Office of Admissions.
- After reading the Acceptable Use Policy, click I agree and then Next.
- The next page shows your username and email address. You are also given your default password. You'll need to change this password, and register for Self Service Password Reset.
- Change your password from the default.
Visit https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/ChangePassword.aspx and log in with your UNCP student email address and default password.
- Register for Self Service Password Reset (SSPR). Visit https://aka.ms/MFASetup and log in with your UNCP student email address and password.
Check Financial Aid or register for classes while logged into BraveWeb by clicking the Banner Self Service link near the top of the list and selecting Student and Financial Aid. View instructions on how to access your financial aid information.
BraveMail (email account)
After activating BraveWeb, access your BraveMail account. Go to the BraveMail Access page for more information.