- Use HEAT Self Service to submit a request for assistance. The Self Service login page is also available by clicking the "HEAT Self Service" link in UNCP's QUICK LINKS menu.
- CCI Scheduling Request Instructions (Access restricted to CCI recipients.)
HEAT Self Service is a web-based application that enables the campus community to submit service requests, create incident reports, and get status updates on tickets without requiring the need to contact the DoIT Help Desk. Behind the scenes, Self Service routes requests directly to the DoIT staff who can resolve issues. Self Service allows the submission of screenshots and other information that can help the DoIT staff provide support. As a result, this option assists in empowering users and streamlining support.
Any current UNCP faculty, staff or student can access HEAT Self Service (using his/her network username and password) and perform the following tasks without requesting assistance from Help Desk staff:
- Submit common service requests.
- Submit a new ticket and receive an auto-confirmation of an issue ticket via e-mail.
- View and check the status of your tickets, and edit to add information as needed.
- View the history of an issue/ticket.
- View Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and UNCP’s Knowledge Center for support on and resolution of incidents to alleviate the need to submit an incident ticket.
Within Self Service, there are two flavors of requests: Service Requests and Incidents.
- Service Requests provide a way for DoIT staff to handle routine requests more efficiently. Service request examples: installation of new software on specific campus computers, requesting access to publish to a distribution list, and reservation to check out a laptop from the Help Desk. Over time, many more options will be available through this tool.
- Incidents are issues encountered during normal business operations that require DoIT assistance to resolve. Examples include forgotten password, network connectivity issues, printer problems, and general computer operability issues.
Access the guide below to get step by step instructions for using HEAT Self Service.