Undergraduate Commencement Instructions
Congratulations on your impending graduation! Despite our best intentions, we are unable to provide a traditional graduation ceremony, but we still want to celebrate this great achievement with you and your family. Therefore, UNCP will host a drive-thru ceremony for the undergraduate commencement exercises on Saturday August 8 and provide a video with all of the elements of a traditional ceremony—including video footage of you walking across the stage!
A survey link will be emailed asking if you wish to participate or not in the ceremony, or if you are unsure. Please response by July 24th.
You may pick up your honor cord from Brave Central during the week of August 3-7. You will receive an email if you are eligible for an honor cord. Please bring your student ID card. Cords will not be available commencement morning.
Your cap and gown may be picked up from the UNCP Bookstore prior to commencement if you have not already requested that it be mailed to you. Please bring your student ID card.
Please review Braveweb for your degree information so you will know when to arrive on campus for check-in. Name cards, diploma covers, and other commencement items will be distributed at check-in. If you are unsure of your arrival time, please email email@example.com. You will be asked for your name and major at the check-in tent in front of the Jones Athletic Center.
We know that we have many students who come from abroad to become a Brave and attend UNC-Pembroke. During commencement, we want to represent your home country.
If you have a home citizenship with another country besides the United States, and you would like your country represented at commencement, please respond to this email as soon as possible and let us know. This is not mandatory.
Please read carefully the instructions below:
- Check-in will be held in Parking Lot 14 in front of the Jones Athletic Center. Please arrive according to the schedule below:
- College of Arts & Sciences
- 7:00-8:00 a.m. – Bachelor of Arts Degrees (Art, Criminal Justice, English, Theatre Arts, History, Music, Philosophy & Religion, Political Science, Sociology, Spanish)
- 8:00-9:00 a.m. – Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Music Degrees (Applied Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Environmental Science, Geo-Environmental Studies, Information Technology, Mass Communication, Mathematics, Mathematics Education, Musical Theatre, Psychology, Science Education
- 9:00-10:00 a.m. – College of Health Sciences (Athletic Training, Exercise & Sport Science, Health & Physical Education, Nursing, Social Work)
- 10:00-11:00 a.m. – School of Education, School of Business, Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies (Accounting, Applied Education Studies, Applied Information Technology, Applied Management Information System, Applied Professional Studies, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Elementary Education, Hospitality, Public & Non-Profit Administration, Special Education)
- College of Arts & Sciences
- Graduates will proceed along the parade route (see map). Only one vehicle per student will be allowed in the parade of graduates. Please wear your regalia.
- Vehicles will process through campus according to a predetermined route.
- Graduates will exit their vehicles at the Chancellor’s Platform and walk across the stage where photos and video footage will be taken.
- Graduates will return to their vehicles and continue down Prospect Road.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not have a vehicle or you will be arriving alone.
- Graduates are welcome to take photos on campus throughout the day. Parking Lot 24 near the football stadium will be available for guest parking.
Spring 2020 diplomas have already been mailed. If you have any concerns, please contact email@example.com.
Summer 2020 diplomas will be ordered after commencement when all students have been cleared for graduation. You will receive notification via your UNCP Bravemail account once they have been ordered.
If you are not participating in the commencement exercises and wish to have your diploma cover mailed to you, please complete the Absentia Form. Payment can be made by calling the Cashier’s Office at 910-521-6855. Please include your receipt number with the form.