Auxiliary and Business Services is responsible for providing and maintaining the Digital Multifunction Devices (MFD) more commonly known as the Fleet on the UNC Pembroke campus. These devices combine copy, print, and scanning into a single device. The current Fleet consist of Canon Color imageRunner equipment and it provides UNC Pembroke departments campuswide, contracted, premium multifunction copier units that include the following:
- Output Print Speeds of up to 35ppm Black & White and 30ppm Color
- All supplies including parts, paper, staples and toner
- Internal Staple Finisher
- Network Printing
- Network Scanning, Scan to Email, Scan to Folder, Scan to USB
Our Print solution utilizes Uniflow, which provides secure print access everywhere on campus. Uniflow adds security and accountability to printing and copying by requiring a single employee ID rather than codes that can be used by anyone if they gain access. Secure print allows the user to release their job at any device and prevents secure data from being left on the output tray. If the unit you normally use is busy or you are somewhere else on campus simply use the one that is most convenient to your location. The system is both efficient and sustainable allowing jobs to be held for 24 hours. Should you send a job to the printer and then realize it needs to be change or updated, simply don’t print the job, resubmit and only print the finished copy. No wasted clicks or paper! The Fleet Copier and Managed Printer Program incorporates the latest print technologies and superior services, while delivering significant efficiencies in cost savings, environmental impact and productivity improvement to the university.
Fleet supplies can be ordered at uncp.edu/resources/auxiliary-business-services/auxiliary-business-services-forms.
Some additional tips to keep in mind:
- Your machine is equipped to automatically ship toner to UNCP when it runs out. However, you need to order from Central Receiving when you need the replacement cartridge.
- Paper: The paper is for the Fleet machines only. It is not to be used in desktop or network printers. Please order paper for desktop and network printers from Office Depot.
- Ordered toner will be delivered to the location of the device. However, you can also request that it be sent to your attention.
- Keep track of your toner supplies to avoid running out at critical times
- Toner is perishable, so avoid over-ordering of toner.
- Only order one back up toner per serial # at a time.
- Only keep one waste toner cartridge on hand at all times.
For more information, contact Central Receiving at 910.775.4161.