The Promotion and Tenure Committee advises the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs on matters of promotion and tenure. This University-wide committee attempts to ensure a fair and consistent application of promotion and tenure standards while taking into account the appropriate departmental Disciplinary Statements. The responsibilities of the Promotion and Tenure Committee are to (a) gather the reports of the Department Chair and Peer Evaluation Committee, (b) request any additional information that it deems necessary, (c) examine all facets of the application, and (d) reach an equitable final decision.
- Jeff Chaumba, Chair, Geology and Geography (NSM, until 2024)
- Michael Spivey, Vice Chair, Sociology and Criminal Justice (SBS, until 2023)
- Jaeyoon Kim, Music (ARTS, until 2024)
- Ana Cecelia Lara, English, Theatre, and World Languages (LETT, until 2025)
- David Oxendine, Inclusive Education (EDUC, until 2025)
- Alice Kay Locklear, Social Work (CHS, until 2025)
- Jennifer Wells, Nursing (At large, until 2025)