Chief/Director, Police and Public Safety
• Responsible for the operational management and administrative direction of a department within law enforcement and security services and supports the mission and vision of the division, department, and the University.
• Leads strategic planning and staffing responsibilities.
• Provides coordination, guidance involved in services and programs delivered to the university community.
• Responsible for formulating and administering the annual operating budget and ensures appropriate expenditure of all funds allocated for department administration.
• Provides leadership and direction in policy development and implementation.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining partnerships throughout the University in order to attain departmental goals and objectives.
• Enforces state and federal laws, municipal ordinances, and applicable University rules and regulations.
• Serves as essential personnel and provides assistance in the event of an emergency on campus.
- Firefighter/Chief of Pembroke Fire Department (27 years)
- Police Officer Town of Pembroke
- Police Officer Pembroke State University
- Sergeant University of North Carolina at Pembroke
- Lieutenant University of North Carolina at Pembroke
- Director/Chief of Police University of North Carolina at Pembroke
- West Robeson High School
- Pembroke State University (Criminal Justice Degree)
- Robeson Community College (Basic Law Enforcement Training)
- Robeson Community College Public Safety Management Program
- FBI Law Enforcement Executive Development Association Management Program
- International Association of Chief of Police
- International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Executives
- North Carolina Association of Chiefs of Police
- North Carolina Association of Campus Law Enforcement Executives
- Robeson County Law Enforcement Association