By Hannah Simpson
The School of Business honored students and faculty at the annual Awards and Scholarship Banquet on April 25 at The University of North Carolina at Pembroke.
Provost and Vice Chancellor Charles Harrington said this was the largest award ceremony in the history of the School of Business. Dr. Harrington asked the students to remember how hard the faculty worked to give them a good education.
“Our faculty has worked very diligently…for accreditation for our business programs,” he said, noting that the program was recently approved for consideration.
“The education you have received is among the finest undergraduate (education) you can get,” he said.
Guest speaker was Jim R. Lowry, chairman of the board of directors, Charlotte Branch of the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, Va., who discussed education in the global economy.
- BB&T - Gina Woods
- Century 21 The Real Estate Center - Terria Sinclair
- Accounting Students’ Association - Amy Hardin, Gina Woods and John Strother
- Independent Insurance Agents of N.C. - Sarah Franks, John Strother and Amy Hardin
- Naomi Lee and Cecil Conley - Terria Sinclair
- The Sandhills Chapter of the N.C. Association of CPAs - John Strother
- School of Business Faculty Scholars Award - John Strother
- Outstanding Graduating Senior of Economics, Finance and Decision Sciences - Edward T. Hull
- Outstanding Graduating Senior of Accounting and Information Technology - Georgianna Lassiter
- Outstanding Graduating Senior of Management, Marketing, and
- International Business - Angela Russell
- Outstanding MBA Student of the Year - Douglas Rice
- Peter B. Vaill Award- Dr. John Parnell
- Facultyship Award – Dr. Ramin C. Maysami
- Accounting Students Association - Dale Funderburk, Marie Nadeau, Sunny Lytch, Georgianna Lassiter, McKenzie Hicks and Marlena Duesler.
- Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE) - McKenzie Hicks, Tim Kang, Kelly Jones, Asa Lowery, Ashley Russell, Erica Atkinson, Chris Helms, Siiri Sibbet, Laci Maynor, Anke Turner, and Elena Potts.
- N.C. State Board of Certified Public Accountant Examiners - Georgianna Lassiter
- Redefining Investment Strategy Education- Elena Potts, Anke Turner and Herman Russell
- UNC in Washington Internship - Patrick Gleason
- DuPont Pioneer Leadership Academy - Michelle Mathis and Amanda Strickland
- GoalQuest Internship - Joey Kirk
Hannah Simpson is a first year student majoring in Mass Communications and Political Science.