The Career Center and Office for Community and Civic Engagement at UNC Pembroke welcomed 266 students to its annual part-time job and volunteer fair.
Students lined the University Center Annex on August 17, engaging with 35 campus and off-campus employers and community-based non-profit organizations.
“The part-time job and volunteer fair is the first of many networking events that we have planned for students this year,” said Jimarr Williams, executive director for Career Services. “We hope to continue building relationships within the community to connect students to meaningful employment and experiential learning opportunities.”
Lauren Sobotincic, director of operations for Emerging Technologies Institute (ETI), said connecting with students at the career fair was a privilege.
“The energy and passion of the young innovators we met at the career fair reaffirm our commitment to shaping a brighter tomorrow together,” Sobotincic said. “At ETI, we're not just building projects; we're building dreams. We’re excited to continue to nurture these passions and shape a future of boundless possibilities for young innovators in our communities.”
Other organizations that participated were:
- Fastenal Company
- Teach For America
- Rocky Mount Fire Department
- NC Electric Cooperatives
- Proclivity Talent Management
- Pembroke Housing Authority
- Lumberton Parks and Recreation
- UNCP Office of Undergraduate Admissions
- UNCP Student Health Services
- UNCP Campus Recreation
- UNCP Center for Student Success
- UNCP Office for Student Inclusion and Diversity
Students from all majors can take advantage of similar networking opportunities at upcoming events hosted by the Career Center this semester.
- Health and Human Services Recruiting Event, Sept. 5, noon to 3 p.m., UC Annex
- Business and Government Recruiting Event, October 6, 1 to 3 p.m., James A. Thomas Hall
- Education Recruiting Event, November 8, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., UC Annex