Important Updates about COVID-19

Read more about UNCP's response to COVID-19.

Civil Leave

Any employee with a permanent, probationary, trainee or time-limited permanent appointment called to serve on jury duty or when subpoenaed as a witness is entitled leave with pay. This will not be charged against your leave account. Also, the employee is entitled to any juror's pay plus regular State salary for the period. It is the responsibility of the employee to inform the supervisor when the duty is scheduled and the expected duration. Employees must file a copy of the court summons with Human Resources.

If you attend court as part of your job, no leave is required, but any court fees you receive in this case must be turned in to the University Cashier. The time is to be considered as working time and included in the total hours worked per week.

If you are subpoenaed or directed by proper authority to appear as a witness, you will be granted civil leave with pay. Any fees received will be turned in to the University Cashier. You may elect to use annual leave rather than civil leave with pay in which case you may retain any fees received