The University of North Carolina at Pembroke's social work department is a participating partner of the North Carolina Child Welfare Education Collaborative (CWEC). CWEC offers a program that allows our BSW students to complete the state mandated pre-service training required by all North Carolina Department of Social Services organizations. This allows students to begin work immediately upon graduation once selected by a Department of Social Service agency. UNCP's CWEC seeks individuals that are committed to the social work profession and a career in child welfare.
- Be admitted to the BSW Program
- Maintain a 2.5 overall and major GPA
- Complete the online NCCWEC application
- Complete 400-hour practicum in a North Carolina Department of Social Services
- Complete SWK 3830, Child Welfare Services, with a C or better