Minor in Social Welfare

The Department of Social Work offers a minor in social welfare. To enroll in any minor course the student must have a minimum overall GPA of 2.0. Students interested in declaring a minor should schedule an appointment with their advisor. Please contact the Department of Social Work to schedule an appointment.

Students who are not majoring in social work may choose to minor in social welfare. A minor in social welfare requires the completion of 18 hours in the following two areas:

  1. Required Courses (9 hours): SWK 2000 (3 hours), SWK 2450 (3 hours), SWK 3480 (3 hours)
  2. Social Work Electives (9 hours)

Up to six minor hours may be used to satisfy other major or minor requirements, or University General Education Requirements.