Transcript Review & Transfer Courses

Please use the Transfer Course Equivalency Tool to see which courses transfer from other schools! 

RN-BSN students should utilize either the RN-BSN Checklist or the Second Degree Seeking Checklist linked above to view the prerequisite courses required for the Upper Division Nursing Program at UNC-Pembroke.  Students with an Associate Degree in Arts, Associate Degree in Science, or any Bachelor's Degree should utilize the Second Degree Seeking Checklist.  Students with an Associate Degree in Applied Science or without any degree should utilize the regular RN-BSN Checklist.

How can I get a transcript review?

When you apply to UNC-Pembroke, your transcripts will be reviewed by the Office of Admissions and Registrar's Office.  These offices will input your confirmed transfer coursework onto your UNC-Pembroke Transcript.  We do not perform transcript reviews for students who have not been admitted into the university and who have not completed the orientation process. 

What courses will transfer to UNC-Pembroke?

To view the course equivalencies, please utilize the Transfer Course Equivalency Tool. Simply select your state, college, and course subject to view courses which will transfer to UNC-Pembroke.  Then compare these courses to the checklists available above.

I already have a bachelor's degree. What courses do I need to take?

Please review the second-degree seeking checklist which may be downloaded from the top of this page.  After you have been accepted into the university, you should contact Mr. Crouch within the Department of Nursing to request a second-degree audit.  He will then inform you of which courses you have remaining.  

A course did not transfer in.  Why?

If you feel like a course you have taken previously should transfer to UNC-Pembroke, you will need to provide a copy of that course's syllabus to the chair or department head of the equivalent department at UNC-Pembroke.  The department head will make the final determination for transfer courses.

For more information, contact: