Fall & Summer Entry - May 1st
Spring Entry - December 1st
Admission to the RN-BSN program takes places on a rolling basis. Thus, students can be admitted throughout the academic year. However, It is important to start the application process early in the admissions cycle to ensure adequate amount of time to receive, review and complete all of the paperwork. Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance.
How to Apply
There are two separate applications that must be completed. It is up to the student to ensure that the proper materials have been turned in for each application to the appropriate office.
1) An application to UNCP as a degree-seeking student.
To apply to the RN-BSN program, an application must first be submitted to UNCP. To apply, click here: http://www.uncp.edu/admissions-aid/undergraduate-admissions
Make sure you choose to apply as a "Transfer Student" and would like "Online Only" courses. Then, you will be able to choose the major of "Nursing (RN-BSN) ONLINE ONLY".
- You will need to ensure that the Office of Admissions has your application fee, official transcripts, test scores, and any other required items for your application to the university to be completed. Your RN-BSN application will not be processed until you have received acceptance to the university.
After being accepted into the university, students may begin to take pre-requisite courses. Once a student has completed chemistry I and its lab, statistics, and a college math course (MAT 1050 or higher), he or she may then apply to the RN-BSN Program by following the steps below.
2) An application to the RN-BSN Program.
- Prior to filling out the RN-BSN application, make sure you have digital copies of your transcripts or coursework (such as from your student portal). You will also need a screenshot or PDF of your nursing license verification if you have already taken the NCLEX.
- You must fill out the separate RN-BSN application that is available here.
Status updates for the RN-BSN Application are provided monthly to the e-mail address on the application.
For more information about the RN-BSN Program, please contact: