Dates to Remember:
- The priority deadline to submit an application and have all materials turned in for the 2020 cohort is February 1, 2020.
- Students who apply after the priority deadline will be processed and accepted on a rolling basis until all spots within the program are full.
Admission to the RIBN program is extremely competitive. It is important to start the application process early in the admissions cycle to ensure adequate amount of time to receive, review and complete all of the paperwork. Students who apply after the priority deadline of each year will be processed and accepted on a rolling basis only as long as spots remain available in the program. Meeting the minimum requirements for RIBN does not guarantee acceptance.
How to Apply
There are three separate applications that must be completed. It is up to the student to ensure that the proper materials have been turned in for each application to the appropriate office.
1) An application to UNCP as a degree-seeking student.
To apply to the RIBN program, an application must first be submitted to UNCP. To apply, click here: UNCP Undergraduate Admissions
You will need to select the major "Pre-Nursing" or "Pre-Licensure Nursing". You should select the entry term of Fall 2020.
- You will need to ensure that the Office of Admissions has your application fee, official transcripts, test scores, and any other missing items for your application to the university to be completed. Your RIBN Application will not be processed until you have received acceptance to the university.
2) The RIBN application.
- You must fill out the separate RIBN application by clicking here.
3) An application to the community college.
- Richmond Community College
- Robeson Community College
- Sandhills Community College
- Bladen Community College
Checklist for Applying:
- Apply to UNC-Pembroke.
- Ensure UNCP's Office of Admissions has copies of your official transcript, test scores, application fee, and any other required items.
- Apply to RIBN.
- Apply to the community college.
- Spring 2020: Meet with James Crouch to create a four-year plan.
- June 2020: Ensure final high school transcripts are sent to the community college and UNCP.
For questions regarding the application process, please contact: