Be part of the college game day excitement as a participant rather than a spectator!
Be part of building UNCP traditions!
Perform with the “Spirit of the Carolinas” Marching Band in halftime, pre-game, and parades!
Take advantage of potential off-campus travel opportunities with the band!
Build some great UNCP MEMORIES!
Auditions will be held via video submission -- if you are interested in joining the UNCP colorguard, please contact Nick Rumbeau, colorguard director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General guidelines for audition videos:
- Wear comfortable clothes for movement, equipment work, & dance; wear gym shoes or dance shoes.
- Hair back, no excessive make-up or jewelry
- Open to all UNCP students, female and male
- Prior colorguard/winterguard experience is required! Prior dance training is also helpful, but not necessary.
- For further info about what to include in your video, please contact Nick Rumbeau at email@example.com.
Auditions will be held via video submission.
We just have a few instructions for you to follow to ensure a consistent and fair audition for everyone.
- Contact Dr. Van Hassel at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the audition music and the link to the Dropbox folder to submit your video.
- For the roster, we will also need your phone number and T-shirt size, so please include this information when you email.
- At the beginning of your video, you should introduce yourself with the following information:
- High school
- Major (+ year if you are a current UNCP student)
- Make sure your entire body is visible in the video so we can see your posture
- We have openings for snare drum, tenors (quints), bass drum, and cymbals; at this time, we will not have a front ensemble.
- If you do not have access to the instrument for which you wish to audition, please let Dr. Van Hassel know.
- The deadline to submit your video is Tuesday, June 30.
After reviewing all of the videos, Dr. Van Hassel will contact you to let you know if you have been selected for the drumline and give you more information.