Be part of the college game day excitement as a participant rather than a spectator!
Be part of building UNCP traditions!
Perform with the “Spirit of the Carolinas” Marching Band in halftime, pre-game, and parades!
Take advantage of potential off-campus travel opportunities with the band!
Build some great UNCP MEMORIES!
Saturday, April 27, 2019 | 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
The audition date has passed -- if you are still interested in joining the UNCP colorguard, please contact Nick Rumbeau, colorguard director, at email@example.com.
- Meet In Moore Hall lobby; auditions will move outside if weather permits.
- Wear comfortable clothes for movement, equipment work, & dance; wear gym shoes or dance shoes.
- Hair back, no excessive make-up or jewelry
- Open to all UNCP students, female and male
- Prior colorguard/winterguard experience is required! Prior dance training is also helpful, but not necessary.
- Please bring your own flag (and weapon, if applicable); if you do not have access to one, please contact Nick Rumbeau to arrange to use UNCP equipment.
- Bring water (no soda)
- For further info, please contact Nick Rumbeau at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Percussion Auditions (battery/front ensemble)
Wednesday, May 1, 2019 | 6-8 p.m.
- Auditions are open to all UNCP students! There will be a place for everyone, even if not on the instrument of your choice.
- If you play a woodwind or brass instrument as well as a percussion instrument, your best contribution in marching band may be in the horn line!
- Meet in Moore Hall band room (Room 130)
- Contact Dr. Van Hassel to get the audition music.
- Learn the music for the instrument you wish to audition for (this includes bass drums).
- Bring your own sticks and mallets if you have them.
- The audition process will involve all participants drumming as a line and shifting people around until Dr. Van Hassel has the line set to his satisfaction.
- For further info, contact Dr. Joseph Van Hassel at 910.522.5705 or email@example.com.