Application for admission into the MSN program will be made through the Graduate School. Applications should be completed by July 31 for fall admission and December 1 for spring admission. Only applications with all necessary materials will be considered. The Director of Graduate Programs in collaboration with graduate faculty will review applications and make a final recommendation regarding admission. Each applicant will be notified in writing regarding their admission decision.
To be eligible for consideration for full or provisional admission to a graduate program, an applicant must:
- Submit a completed online application;
- Pay a $55.00 non‑refundable application fee
- Submit one official transcript from all colleges/universities attended at least one of which must indicate a baccalaureate degree will have been earned from a regionally accredited college or university by the time s/he begins her/his program of study
- UNCP graduates or graduates-to-be: The Graduate School does not require you to obtain a UNCP transcript nor a transcript from any institution in which all coursework is listed on the UNCP transcript.
Enrollment Requirements for MSN:
If offered admission, students must provide the following before starting the program:
- Copy of physical health examination and immunizations as required by the University and Department of Nursing
- Copy of current BCLS certification by the American Heart Association
- Copy of professional liability insurance - all students must present evidence of coverage annually in the amounts of $1 million/$6 million
- Copy of personal health insurance or coverage
- Result of a Criminal History Database Check and Drug Screen clearance as specified by the Department of Nursing
For more information about the application process, please contact: