Students applying for January 2024 entry must have completed ALL pre-requisite courses including NUR 2020 and NUR 3250. Students must have a bachelor's degree by Dec. 31, 2023 to qualify.
In order to apply to the Upper Division ABSN Track, students must meet all of the Lower Division Requirements.
Lower Division Requirements:
• Admitted to UNCP as a second-degree and degree seeking student.
• Completion of all Lower Division (prerequisite) courses with a grade of C or higher.
• A GPA of 3.0 or higher in the most recent 60 credit hours.
• A GPA of 3.0 or higher in the following coursework or their equivalents: MAT 1050 or higher, BIO 2110, BIO 2120, BIO 3150, CHM 1300 and CHM 1100 OR CHM 1400 and CHM 1120, NUR 3250, and statistics.
• Physical, mental, and emotional health that enables a student to participate in and complete the program (see policies listed in the Student Handbook).
• Completion and submission of the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS™) to UNCP before October 15. Scores must be from an examination taken between February 16 and October 15.
Prerequisite Courses (Lower Division):
|PHI 1000, 1010, or 2040||BIO 1000 (Intro to Biology, General Biology)|
Chemistry I with Lab
|MAT 1050, 1070, 1080, 1090, 2150 or 2210|
|PSY 1010 (Intro to Psychology)||BIO 3150 (Microbiology)|
|BIO 2110 (Anatomy I)||MAT 2100, PSY 2080, SOC 3600, CRJ 3600,
SWK 3600, or HON 2520 (Statistics)
|BIO 2120 Anatomy II||NUR 2020 (Critical Thinking in Nursing)|
|NUR 3250 (Pathophysiology)|
Elective choices are restricted. Refer to the checklist for the accepted course selections.