A. Eligibility requirements
- Students must go to school in one of the following counties: Bladen, Brunswick, Columbus, Cumberland, Duplin, Harnett, Hoke, Lee, Moore, New Hanover, Pender, Richmond, Robeson, Sampson, or Scotland. Private schools and home schooled students from these counties are welcome too.
- A student may compete in the Level 1 division if he/she has been enrolled in Math 1 during the present academic year. A student may compete in the Level 2 division if he/she has been enrolled in Math 2 during the present academic year. A student may compete in the Level 3 division if he/she has been enrolled in Math 3 during the present academic year.
- Those students who are enrolled in the block or semester course are eligible to participate in either the test for the course in which they are currently enrolled or the course most recently completed, but not both.
- Those students who are repeating a course at any of the three levels are not eligible to participate in that competition.
B. Sponsor supervison
The school designated sponsor must accompany and be responsible for the students welfare and behavior.
- An individual score is computed by the number of correct responses on the test taken.
- Individual tie-breakers are established by the weights assigned to each test item.
- Each contestant will receive a certificate of participation. Please type the students' names on the FINAL REGISTRATION FORM exactly as they want them to appear on their certificates.
- The first three individual winners in each division will receive a plaque and a certificate.
- Up to 10% of individuals in each division will be eligible for regional finals.
D. Return the tests
The test in each area is changed substantially every year for obvious reasons. However, all copies of the test must be returned to the test administrators at the site.
E. Bring pencils
Each student should bring at least two sharpened #2 pencils. We will provide all paper. Calculator are not permitted.