The Clinical Education Coordinator (CEC) is responsible for assigning students to rotations and overseeing their clinical experiences.
Students are required to gain clinical experiences in a variety of settings including:
- Caton Fieldhouse Athletic Training Facility (UNCP)
- Jones Athletic Training Facility (UNCP)
- Purnell Swett High School
- Red Springs High School
- St. Pauls High School
- Fayetteville Orthopaedics and Sports Medcine (PT Rotation)
- Southeastern Medical Center--Red Springs (General Medical Rotation)
- Southeastern Orthopedics
- OrthoCarolina Laurinburg, PA
Students are required to gain clinical experiences with a variety of populations (athletic, general, geriatric). Assignments will be made to ensure that students gain experience with a variety of sports to include both genders, contact and non-contact, high risk of injuries and low risk of injuries and use of protective equipment (to minimally include helmets and shoulder pads).
In order for a student to be assigned to a clinical site for any type of “hands-on” experience, the University must have a signed Affiliation Agreement with the facility prior to the student being placed at the facility.