- Submit web-based application and fee
- Official Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended documenting the successful completion of all prerequisite coursework with a grade of B or higher
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale from the most recent degree transcript.
- 20 of volunteer/Observation hours in at least two occupational therapy practice settings & reflection.
- Completion of written personal statement essay (1500 word limit)
- Complete a criminal background check
- Participate in prospective student interview.
✪ Interviews will take place mid January- mid-February and final decision letters will be sent out in March.
Personal statement: Write an essay (1500 word limit) that explains (1) your reasons for wanting to become and occupational therapist (2) reason for wanting to attend UNCP's MSOT program, (3) and any special achievements, skills, circumstances, qualifications and/or personal qualities that make you and ideal fit for the program.
Your personal statement should highlight your knowledge of the profession, passion to pursue this career field, proficiency with written communication, and your ability to organize your thoughts. Consideration of writing mechanics and grammar are included in how your statement will be scored, as these are essential skills needed to be successful in the program.