1. Create an account on ATCAS (link can be found above)
2. Submit official transcripts to ATCAS and enter information in the Academic History section
3. To verify completion of prerequisite courses and a bachelor’s degree, submit transcripts to ATCAS using the Transcript Request Form. If you have not completed your bachelor’s degree or all prerequisite courses at the time you apply, you will be able to submit final verification later. Transcripts should be mailed to: ATCAS, P.O. Box 9132, Watertown, MA 02471
4. Request two professional recommendations through ATCAS (Supporting Information section)
5. Complete the Personal Statement/Experiences in ATCAS (Documents tab under Supporting Information section)
6. Submit documentation in ATCAS of at least 50 hours under the direct supervision of a licensed athletic trainer in the Observation Hours section using the Observation Verification Form (below). The Achievements section is optional and a resume is not required.
7. Upload your current CPR card in ATCAS (Licenses and Certifications tab under Supporting Information section)
8. Submit completed application in ATCAS
9. Recommended applicants will be notified by admissions when to complete The Graduate School's application.
*Do not submit transcripts to UNCP. Transcripts submitted in ATCAS will be shared with The Graduate School.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from an accredited institution of higher learning, with a minimum of 3.0 overall or pre-requisite GPA OR
- Completion of the undergraduate credit hours for the 3+2 EXSS: Exercise Physiology/MSAT coursework with a 3.0 or higher
- Official transcript verification that the following prerequisite coursework has been completed at the college level with a C or higher:
- Biology (lab required) One course of general or cellular biology
- Human Anatomy (lab required) When anatomy and physiology are taken as a combined course, two semesters are required in order to satisfy this requirement
- Human Physiology (lab required) When anatomy and physiology are taken as a combined course, two semesters are required in order to satisfy this requirement
- Chemistry (lab required)
- Physics (lab required)
- Biomechanics or Kinesiology (lab preferred)
- Statistics (3 credits) Course should include descriptive statistics, correlation, and introduction to inferential statistics or research design
- General Psychology (3 credits)
- Exercise Physiology (lab preferred)
- Nutrition (3 credits)
- Personal statement
- Proof of current CPR for Health Care Providers or CPR for the Professional Rescuer
- Documentation of at least 50 observation hours under the direct supervision of a licensed athletic trainer
Students may apply while the undergraduate degree or prerequisite courses are still in progress, but all courses must be completed by the start of the program. Applicants may be offered admission contingent upon producing an official transcript verifying conferral of a baccalaureate-level degree. Failure to provide proof of degree will result in withdrawal of the offer of admission, withdrawal from all current classes, and forfeiture of tuition and fees.