Financial Aid

*Did you know that you may be eligible for additional loan funds to help pay for your study abroad experience?

It is important for you to communicate with the Office of Financial Aid ( and the Office of Global Engagement ( to learn more. Review your financial aid award information on BraveWeb and complete your Study Abroad application first. You are then welcome to make an appointment with the Director of Financial Aid and Scholarships Mr. Timothy Sampson who specializes in study abroad financing eligibility.

Faculty-Led/Short-Term/Summer Study Abroad Programs

Since most Faculty-Led programs are connected with a spring semester course taught at UNCP, then financial aid can be utilized. Remember to complete your short-term study abroad application and pay your one-time application fee of $50. However, in order to qualify for financial aid in the summer, you must be registered for a minimum of 6 credit hours and receive grades of 'C' or higher. 

*Did you know that the aid you take during the fall/spring can affect your summer aid eligibility?

Semester/Year-Long Study Abroad Programs

Generally, your scholarships, grants, and loans may be used for semester and year-long study abroad, assuming you maintain full-time (minimum 12 credit hours) and good academic standing (2.0 GPA). Please verify with Ms. Clark how your individual awards may apply. Note that you may only apply financial aid to the courses you take abroad if you have completed the Study Abroad Course Authorization Form and paid your one-time application fee of $50. You also need to confirm that each appropriate department head has approved the foreign course (and it's equivalent course at UNCP) for which you will receive credit. Also, you must have the signature of your Faculty Advisor on your Course Authorization Form indicating that you need each of the approved UNCP courses to graduate.

*Did you know that if you have maximized your federal loans, then you may not be eligible for any additional financial aid funding?