The information on this page is specifically for students who are attending UNCP through an exchange agreement with their home universities. These students will attend UNCP for a semester or a year, and the student must be nominated by their home institution or a study abroad consortium in order to participate. All other international students should seek information in the Future Students section of our website or in the Undergraduate or Graduate Admissions Offices.
Thank you for your interest in attending the University of North Carolina at Pembroke!
Please let us know if you have any questions (email@example.com) about the exchange student application process.
1) Speak with the international office at your home university about your desire to attend UNCP. They will submit their nominations to the UNCP Study Abroad Coordinator via email or a consortium website.
2) The UNCP Study Abroad Coordinator will contact you once they have received your nomination. They will provide you with the Exchange Student Application. (See below in Downloads section.)
3) Fill out and submit the Exchange Student Application (see below in Downloads section) and provide all of the required documents, including:
*Some of these items are included in the Exchange Student Application.
- A copy of your passport, with at least 6 months validity.
- A financial certification
- The English Language Proficiency Report
- The campus safety form (within the Exchange App.)
- Your requested course schedule
- Your current transcript/academic records
- Medical records/immunizations, requirements check here (optional at time of application, but required after arrival to UNCP)
4) Once approved by the UNCP Admissions office, Global Engagement will create your DS-2019 and will send it to you, along with your acceptance packet.
5) Check out the pre-arrival guide for information about immigration, academics at UNCP, and living in Pembroke, NC.
Exchange Student Deadlines
Fall term: June 1
Spring term: November 1
Fall term: June 15
Spring term: November 15
Please note: We suggest submitting your application 120 days before your start date, so there is enough time for processing, including immigration processing time for your visa.