The English Language Institute (ELI) at the University of North Carolina at Pembroke offers intensive English language instruction, pre-academic training, and cultural orientation to international students preparing for university study in the United States. Students who do not meet UNCP's minimum English language requirement (undergraduate programs - 68 on the TOEFL iBT or 6.0 on IELTS, graduate programs - 80 on the TOEFL iBT or 6.5 on IELTS) can apply to the ELI and matriculate to academic classes upon successful completion of the program.
Our campus is located in a beautiful, small-town setting in Southeastern North Carolina less than two hours from Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham, Wilmington and Myrtle Beach. UNCP is the safest campus in the UNC system and is the most diverse campus in the South.
Review the ELI brochure, flyer and student handbook to learn more about the ELI program.
Some of the features of our ELI program include:
- Small classes with individualized attention
- Highly-trained, caring teachers who provide instruction in reading, writing, speaking, listening, TOEFL preparation and American culture/college life
- 20 hours of intensive instruction per week
- Cultural events and trips
- Full access to UNCP facilities (gym, library, computer labs, dining hall, etc.)
- Safest campus in the UNC system
- Day trips to the beach or the mountains
- Beautiful, small town setting in sunny, warm Southeastern North Carolina. Less than 2 hours from Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham, Wilmington and Myrtle Beach.
Feel free to call us at 910.775.4095, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or come by the International Programs office if you have any further questions.