All international students are required to submit a Student Health Form, completed and signed by their doctor, to Student Health Services immediately upon acceptance to UNCP in order to ensure they are in compliance with North Carolina Immunization law. (The required immunizations are listed here.)
- Records are due at international student orientation
- All records must be translated into English
- International students are required to complete their immunizations by the university deadline
- Students who do not meet the deadline will be dropped from classes
Please Note: The Tuberculosis test mentioned in the form, which is required of all international students and non-U.S. citizens, must be administered after arriving in the United States. This test can be performed at UNCP Health Services, on campus.
Many students will need to receive immunizations after they arrive at UNCP. OGE can schedule trips to the local Health Department at the beginning of each semester, but we do not have the resources to make continual trips throughout the semester.
HOW TO GET YOUR IMMUNIZATIONS:
Meet with the UNCP Student Health Services on campus to identify the shots you need. (Complete list provided here.)
Make an appointment with a local pharmacy, Walgreens, or the Robeson County Department of Public Health at (910) 671-3200.
Arrange transportation on your own as needed. (The Robeson County Department of Public Health is about 10 miles away from Pembroke. You cannot walk there.)
In order to get to the Health Department during the semester you may do one of the following:
- Schedule a ride with SEATS (see instructions below)
- Ask for help from a friend with a car
- Call SEATS at (910) 618-5696 to make a shuttle reservation to the Robeson County Department of Public Health.
- Provide your name, pick-up date and time, pick-up location (physical address), and Date of Birth.
- On the day of the appointment, carry your insurance card with you and prepare $2 for a one way ticket and an additional $2 for the return. You must pay in cash and exact change is required.
- The shuttle leaves from Pembroke at 7:45 AM and returns to Pembroke around 3:30 PM Monday through Friday. You have an option to go to the Biggs Park Mall in Lumberton after your appointment and return from Lumberton around 2:00 PM. You will arrange this with your driver.
Request a note from Global Engagement if you have to miss any classes. In order to obtain a note from OGE, you will need to present a note from the Robeson County Department of Public Health. You should request this at the time of your appointment.
Return the immunization shot records to Student Health Services on campus.
OGE HEALTH DEPARTMENT TRIPS:
In order to help our students take care of their immunization needs, OGE offers regularly scheduled trips to the Robeson County Health Department in Lumberton at the beginning of each semester. Reservations must be made in advance.
Further information will be given to new students in their orientation schedules.