Pembroke is located in the heart of southeast North Carolina with easy access to a variety of local and regional attractions. Each semester OGE gives students the opportunity to visit the area and explore the culture of the Southern U.S. Stay connected with us on BraveConnect!
Possible Activities Include:
- Visiting the North Carolina Aquarium
- Spending the day at the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk
- Shopping at an international market
- Putt Putt golf and laser tag
- Touring the USS North Carolina Battleship in Wilimington
- Participating in a local festival
- A weekend trip to Charleston, SC or Savannah, GA
- A day of museum touring in Raleigh, NC
- Walking through the Botanical Garden
- A trip to Washington, DC
- Dinner and movie nights
- A weekend in the N.C. mountains
Spring 2020 Schedule of Events
Trip to Raleigh
Saturday, January 18
8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Wintergreen, VA Ski Trip
Saturday, February 22 - Sunday, February 23
8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Cost $175, includes transportation, accomodations, ski rental, left ticket
Trip to Carowinds
Saturday, March 28
7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Cost $55, includes entrance fee and transportation
Trip to Wrightsville Beach
Saturday, April 18
7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
More information is available on Brave Connect (log in to see the events).
How do I pay the registration fee?
1) Print the Event Payment Form
*This form should only be used for Global Engagement event payments. If you would like to pay for a Study Abroad program, please use the payment form on this page.
2) Fill it out with the event information.
3) Take the form and your payment to the Bursar's Office in Lumbee Hall.
Payments will not be accepted without a form.
*The Participation Fee helps to cover the cost of transportation. Students are responsible for all activity related expenses, unless noted otherwise. Registration fees are non-refundable unless the trip is cancelled by Global Engagement.
If you need an accommodation to access the program and/or program materials, please contact email@example.com no later than five business days prior to the program. However, a good faith effort will be made for any request made less than five days in advance.
Due to the specific needs of our International students, they have preference on off-campus trips. However, we often have extra spaces available and welcome other students who would like to come along.