About Sigma Delta Pi
Sigma Delta Pi, the National Collegiate Hispanic Honor Society (La Sociedad Nacional Honoraria Hispánica), was established on November 14, 1919, at the University of California in Berkeley.
Sigma Delta Pi has five primary goals:
- To honor those who attain excellence in the study of the Spanish language and in the study of the literature and culture of the Spanish-speaking peoples;
- To honor those who have made the Hispanic contributions to modern culture better known in the English-speaking world;
- To encourage college and university students to acquire a greater interest in and a deeper understanding of Hispanic culture;
- To foster friendly relations and mutual respect between the nations of Hispanic speech and those of English speech;
- To serve its membership in ways which will contribute to the attainment of the goals and ideals of the society.
Visit the national web site at www.sigmadeltapi.org.
To join Sigma Delta Pi, contact Dr. Ana Cecilia Lara.