- English Education, Licensure Concentration, M.A.
The English Education Licensure Concentration is for English teachers who already have an "A" license who want the North Carolina "M" license in English (9-12).
- English Education, Thesis Concentration, M.A.
The English Education Thesis Concentration prepares individuals with undergraduate degrees in English for endeavors requiring a Master's degree.
- Teaching with English Education (9-12) Specialization, M.A.
The Teaching with English Education Specialization allows graduates of accredited colleges or universities to seek teaching licensure.
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Graduate Add-on License
The English as a Second Language Add-on License allows graduate students to obtain an English as a Second Language teaching license.
Bachelor of Arts Degrees
- Bachelor of Arts in English, Literary Studies
The Literary Studies emphasis provides a broad humanities background and prepares students for entry into graduate school.
- Bachelor of Arts in English, Professional Writing
The Professional Writing emphasis prepares students to write grants, edit documents, build websites, and design publications.
- Bachelor of Arts in English, Middle Grades (6-9)
The Middle Grades (6-9) emphasis prepares students to teach English in North Carolina middle schools.
- Bachelor of Arts in English, Secondary Education (9-12)
The Secondary Education (9-12) emphasis prepares students to teach high school English in North Carolina.
Creative Writing Minor
The Creative Writing Minor allows students to take 18-20 credit hours in writing creative non-fiction, fiction, and poetry, among other genres.
- English Minor
The English Minor allows students to take 18-20 credit hours from any of the English Program emphases.
- Literature Minor
The Literature Minor allows students to take 18-20 credit hours from the Literary Studies emphasis.
- Professional Writing Minor
The Professional Writing Minor allows students to take 18-20 credit hours from courses in the Professional Writing emphasis.
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Minor
The Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Minor allows students to take 18-20 credit hours from courses in the add-on licensure degree.
Academic Concentrations and Add-on Licensures
- Academic Concentration in English
This concentration allows non-English majors to study English in greater depth, so that they can qualify to teach the subject.