The Department of Chemistry and Physics offers a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry. The Chemistry program is approved by the American Chemical Society (ACS), and several degree tracks are available that permit students to focus their studies on areas appropriate to their post-graduation plans. Students who meet specific curricular requirements can be certified by the ACS upon graduation (see checklist below)
The Department of Chemistry and Physics offers a Bachelor of Science degree in Applied Physics, and a dual-degree (3+2) program in conjunction with North Carolina State University that allows students to earn a B.S. in Applied Physics from UNCP and a B.S. in an engineering field from NCSU.
The Department of Chemistry and Physics offers a pre-engineering program. This two-year program prepares students for entry into an engineering program at North Carolina A & T State University, North Carolina State University, and the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
DEGREE PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
- B.S. In Chemistry, Analytical Track
- B.S. In Chemistry, Environmental Track
- B.S. In Chemistry, Forensics Track
- B.S in Chemistry, General Track
- B.S. In Chemistry, Molecular Biotechnology Track
- B.S. In Chemistry, Pre-Health Professions Track
- B.S. in Chemistry, Pre-Pharmacy Track
- B.S. In Chemistry, Professional Track
- A.C.S. Certification for Chemistry
- B.S. In Physics
- 3+2 program, Electrical Engineering
- 3+2 program. Mechanical Engineering