Part 1: Register and Complete Online Orientation (Required)
New students must register and complete the required online modules.
During the registration process, you will be able to sign-up for your in-person orientation session. Students are allowed to bring up to two guests.
Please note - All reservations are made under the student’s name and student ID Banner number. Prior to registering it is very important to check your dates!
All newly admitted students should pay their required non-refundable Enrollment Deposit as soon as they decide to attend UNCP. This deposit does several things for you:
- This serves as your housing application fee (you must complete your application for student housing).
- This certifies as your intent to enroll at UNCP.
- It covers the cost of your orientation fee.
Enrollment Deposits Specifics:
- Student Living on Campus
- Pay or defer $225 Enrollment Deposit for TRANSFER living on campus for the semester. You must complete your Housing Application in BraveWeb. (Defer means the Enrollment Deposit will be added to your student bill).
- Student Requesting to Live Off Campus
- Pay or defer $75 Enrollment Deposit for the orientation session for TRANSFER not wishing to live on campus for the semester. (Enrollment Deposit will be added to your student bill).
- NOTE: Transfer students are required to live on campus if their classification is of freshmen or sophomore status. If you are requesting an exception to this policy, please complete the housing waiver application (uncp.edu/housing-waiver). Once the application is completed and submitted, the application will be reviewed, and you will be informed via your UNCP Bravemail account if your application has been approved or not approved. If not approved, please complete the steps for paying the remaining $150 enrollment deposit and completing your housing application.
Freshmen & Sophomore Residency Requirement – Freshmen & Sophomore students at UNCP are required to reside on campus during their first two academic years as members of the University.
Students admitted for the summer/fall 2022 semester(s) should register for New Student Orientation by November 1, 2022. Students admitted after November 1, 2022, should register within two weeks of acceptance. Online reservations are the most expedient way to make your reservation. Online reservations are processed immediately and you will receive an email confirmation at the time you make the reservation.
Should you have questions, please contact New Student Orientation by email at email@example.com. You may also call at 910.521.6243 or 910.521.6662.
- Set up your BraveWeb account. For information on how to set up your BraveWeb account, please visit https://braveweb.uncp.edu/account-activation/. To locate your secret code please view your Admissions acceptance letter in your MyUNCP portal.
- Once you have your BraveWeb account open, please click on the Orientation Registration link and log into the account using your BraveWeb username and password (UNC Pembroke – Shibboleth Login). You will be directed to the Visual Zen Orientation Registration System.
- Follow the instructions and register for online orientation.
- Please ensure you submit your registration.
Please note: An orientation date can be changed only once, and only if the session that you want to move into is open. To change your date please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family reservations require a $40 non-refundable payment for each person. There is a maximum of two family members and/or guests per student. Should you have questions, please contact New Student Orientation by email at email@example.com. You may also call at 910.521.6243 or 910.521.6662.
NOTE: If you have completed additional course work since your acceptance to UNCP, it is imperative that you have your most recent transcript sent to the UNCP Office of Admissions. It is necessary that you have this process completed before your orientation to ensure proper advisement and registration. If you have questions regarding your transcript evaluation before Orientation, please contact the Office of Admissions at 910.521.6262.
Session Date Time 1 Saturday: November 19, 2022 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. 2 Friday: December 16, 2022 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Part 2: Orientation Session (Required)
During part 1 you registered for a in-person orientation session. During this session you will have the opportunity to interact with current student leaders and meet your academic advisor. Sessions are limited to 100 students. Students can bring up to two guests.
***If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 910.521.6243.
Preparing for Your Orientation Session
Items to bring:
- BraveNation Spirit
- Comfortable shoes and weather appropriate clothing
- Pen and something write notes on
- Government Issued ID (Needed to get your UNCP ID)
- College and/or High School transcripts if not submitted to Admissions (Note: If you attended an Early College, transcripts must come from the High School and College.)
Schedules will be available in early November.