2022 BraveNation Orientation Leaders Loading.....
Orientation Leader Job Description
- Current full-time degree –seeking undergraduate student with a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Student may not be on academic probation or suspension
- You must be in good standing with the University, e.g. not on disciplinary probation
- Must be outgoing and able to relate to new students and family
- Have an open mind
- Be able to work with a diverse population
- Ability to solve problems and think critically
- Be flexible, reliable, motivated, and mature
- Lead groups of 25 students or more around campus
- Participate in ALL Freshman orientation sessions (Overnight stay required)
- Assist with Transfer Orientation when needed
- Facilitate conversations on transition issues
- Role model appropriate academic and social behaviors
- Communicate with parents and family members effectively
- Assist in educating orientation attendees of policies and procedures
- Respond appropriately to crisis situations
- Distribute and collect residence hall keys
- Assist with student check-in and check-out processes
- Report student issues and needs as appropriate
- Document behavior appropriately and in a timely manner
- Educate/reaffirm students on safety and security guidelines
- Work cooperatively with Campus Police and other departments on campus
- Report all suspicious activity and acts of vandalism to your supervisor immediately
- Maintain an ongoing communication with your supervisor
- Assist with Welcome Week
- Program setup/cleanup
- Serve as peer mentor for fall 2021 semester
- Complete weekly case notes on the students in your mentee group
- Other duties as assigned
- Have fun!
- Must register for UNV 2000 (Introduction to Student Development and Peer Education) during spring 2021 semester.
- Serve as a Peer Mentor during the fall 2021 semester.
$8.50 per hour (New Mentors)
$9 per hour (Returning Mentors)
*Due to time constraints, Resident Advisors are unable to serve as a Peer Mentor.