Please complete the following steps:
Step 1: Register for Orientation
Please note - all reservations are made under the student's name and student ID Banner number.
All newly admitted freshmen pay their required non-refundable enrollment deposit as soon as they know UNCP is where they wish to attend. This deposit does several things for you: first, if you are living on campus, this serves as your housing application fee (you must still complete your application for student housing); second, it reserves your place in the class; and third, it covers the cost of your orientation fee. For questions regarding the enrollment deposit, please contact Brave Central at email@example.com.
• FRESHMEN living on campus will pay $225.
• FRESHMEN are required to live on campus. While living on campus is a requirement and privilege, requests may be granted for an exception to the residency requirement. You can apply for an exception by completing the Freshman Housing Waiver Application (uncp.edu/housing). If approved, you will pay $75.
Web reservations are the most expedient way to make your reservation. Online reservations are processed immediately and you will receive an email confirmation at the time you make the reservation. If you have not yet paid your required non-refundable enrollment deposit, you can do so by visiting your Bridge2Brave portal. You can pay by using MasterCard or Visa. Once this fee is paid, you have declared your intent to attend UNCP. If you are unable to pay the enrollment deposit, there is an option to defer your payment to your fall tuition bill on the payment page in Bridge2Brave.
Should you have questions, please contact Brave Central at 910.775.4620 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Set up your BraveWeb account. For information on how to set up your BraveWeb account, please visit uncp.edu/account/start. To locate your secret code please view your Admissions acceptance letter in your Bridge2Brave portal.
- Once you have your BraveWeb account open, please click on the Orientation Registration link and log into the account using your BraveWeb username and password (UNC Pembroke – Shibboleth Login). You will be directed to the Visual Zen Orientation Registration System.
- Follow the instructions and register for online orientation.
- Please ensure you submit your registration.
Family/Guest, please visit our Parent and Family Engagement Page.
NOTE: If you have completed additional course work since your acceptance to UNCP, it is imperative that you have your most recent transcript sent to the UNCP Office of Admissions. It is necessary that you have this process completed before you arrive to ensure proper advisement and registration. If you have questions regarding your transcript evaluation before Orientation, please contact the Office of Admissions at 910.521.6262.
Step 2: Complete Medical Form
Student Health Services Requires 3 Steps for compliance with part of your University Requirements.
Step 1: Health Form
Step 2: Immunizations
Step 3: Insurance Waiver or Enrollment (this can be completed once you have registered for classes)
Step 1 and Step 2:
Please Submit online your immunizations and health form prior to Orientation. All these documents must be completed online at our Student Health Patient Portal. The link is below uncp.medicatconnect.com.
North Carolina Law requires all students enrolling in five (5) or more semester hours to submit a copy of their immunization records to their respective institutions.
Be Advised: Registered students taking six (6) or more credit hours are required to purchase the Student Health Insurance Plan. Waiver deadlines vary each semester. If you do not complete the waiver procedure, you will be enrolled in the student insurance and be required to pay the premium associated with the insurance policy.
- Distance education students (students taking off campus and Internet only courses)
- Students who submit evidence of equivalent coverage satisfactory to the policyholder
Visit uncp.edu/insurancewaiver/ to waive out of the University Sponsored Plan.
Step 3: Complete FAFSA
To seek federal financial aid or UNC Pembroke scholarships, please submit your online Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at studentaid.gov and visit the Financial Aid website at uncp.edu/fa regarding scholarships. UNC Pembroke’s Federal school code is 002954. All students should complete the FAFSA prior to attending orientation. For questions about financial aid please visit uncp.edu/fa or call 910.775.4620.
Step 4: Complete Housing Application (if applicable)
Living on Campus
The university embraces the on-campus residential philosophy by requiring first-year freshmen to reside on campus for their initial academic year. For more information on the Housing Application or the Freshmen Housing Waiver Application Form, please visit uncp.edu/housing. All students should pay their $300 enrollment deposit prior to filling out the Housing Application. If you are applying for a housing waiver, you will be notified of your approval status. If approved, you will pay the $150 enrollment deposit.