Part 1: Register and Complete Online Orientation (Required)
New students must register and complete 5 required online modules.
During the registration process, you will be able to sign-up for your in-person orientation session. Students can bring up to two guests. Face masks and social distancing are optional.
Please note: All reservations are made under the student’s name and student ID Banner number. Prior to registering it is very important to check your dates! Many students register for orientation without considering important dates like graduation rehearsals and vacations.
All newly admitted freshmen pay their required non-refundable enrollment deposit as soon as they know UNCP is where they wish to attend. This deposit does several things for you: first, if you are living on campus, this serves as your housing application fee (you must still complete your application for student housing); second, it reserves your place in the class; and third, it covers the cost of your orientation fee. For questions regarding the enrollment deposit, please contact Brave Central at email@example.com.
• FRESHMEN living on campus will pay $300.
• FRESHMEN are required to live on campus. While living on campus is a requirement and privilege, requests may be granted for an exception to the residency requirement. You can apply for an exception by completing the Freshman Housing Waiver Application (uncp.edu/housing). If approved, you will pay $150.
Freshmen admitted for the summer/fall 2021 semester(s) should register for New Student Orientation by May 1, 2021. Students admitted after May 1, 2021 should register within two weeks of acceptance.
Web reservations are the most expedient way to make your reservation. Online reservations are processed immediately and you will receive an email confirmation at the time you make the reservation. If you have not yet paid your required non-refundable enrollment deposit, you can do so by visiting your Bridge2Brave portal. You can pay by using MasterCard or Visa. Once this fee is paid, you have declared your intent to attend UNCP. If you are unable to pay the enrollment deposit, there is an option to defer your payment to your fall tuition bill on the payment page in Bridge2Brave.
Should you have questions, please contact Brave Central at 910.775.4620 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Set up your BraveWeb account. For information on how to set up your BraveWeb account, please visit uncp.edu/account/start. To locate your secret code please view your Admissions acceptance letter in your Bridge2Brave portal.
- Once you have your BraveWeb account open, please click on the Orientation Registration link and log into the account using your BraveWeb username and password (UNC Pembroke – Shibboleth Login). You will be directed to the Visual Zen Orientation Registration System.
- Follow the instructions to select your orientation date.
- Please ensure you submit your registration.
Please note: An orientation date can be changed only once, and only if the session that you want to move into is open. To change your date please email email@example.com.
Family/Guest, please visit our Parent and Family Engagement Page.
Session Date Time 1 Friday: June 4, 2021 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m. 2 Wednesday: June 9, 2021 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m. 3 Tuesday: June 15, 2021 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m. 4 Friday: June 25, 2021 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m. 5 Monday: June 28, 2021 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m. 6 Friday: July 9, 2021 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m. 7 Monday: July 12, 2021 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m. 8 Saturday: July 17, 2021 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m. 9 Thursday: July 22, 2021 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m. 10 Friday: July 30, 2021 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m. 11 Tuesday: August 3, 2021 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
Part 2: Orientation Session (Required)
During part 1 you had to register for an in-person orientation session. During this session you will have the opportunity to interact with current student leaders and meet your academic advisor. Sessions are limited to 125 students. Students can bring up to two guests. Face masks and social distancing are optional.
*** If you are unable to attend an in-person orientation session, please contact us at 910.521.6243 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Preparing for Your Orientation Session
Items to bring:
- Face Masks are optional
- BraveNation Spirit
- Pen and something write notes on
- Government Issued ID (Needed to get your UNCP ID)
8:30-9:30 a.m. Check-in 9:30 a.m. Welcome 9:45 a.m. The Brave Experience 10 a.m. Academic Success at UNCP 10:55 a.m. Hail to UNCP 11 a.m. Orientation Leader Small Group Meetings 12 p.m.-1:30 p.m. Lunch | Braves Card | Bookstore Open House 1:45-2:45 p.m. Advising and Registration 3-3:30 p.m. Student Engagement Concurrent Session 1 3:45-4:15 p.m. Student Engagement Concurrent Session 2 4:30-6 p.m. Campus Tours | Housing Tours 4:30-6 p.m. Campus Resource Fair 3-6 p.m. Taking Care of Business- Campus Offices Open